HUMAN RESOURCE INTERN
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
NGUBA CONSULTANCY is seeking to fill the position of a Human Resource Intern to provide HR support to the HR Consultants at it's office in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a full time intern position that could turn out to be permanent full time HR position.
To be successful as an HR intern, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in labor legislation to determine how company HR policies may be affected. Ultimately, an outstanding HR intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in human resource management or studying toward a degree in human resource management or related field.
• Proven experience working in an office environment.
• Updating clients databases by inputting new employee contact information and employment details.
• Screening potential employees' resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill our clients job vacancies.
• Organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates for clients.
• Posting job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms for our clients.
• Removing job advertisements from job boards and social media platforms once vacancies have been filled.
• Assisting the HR staff in gathering market salary information for the clients.
• Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates.
• Coordinating new hire orientations and on boarding clients employees.
• Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.
• May assist running assigned clients payroll.
• Respond to assigned clients employee issues.
• Working knowledge of U.S. labor laws.
• Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software is advantageous.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work with less supervision.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.